Founded in 1977 as an association of accredited retirement homes, ORCA is the voice of Ontario’s regulated retirement home operators. Today, ORCA represents more than 92 percent of the province’s retirement home suites. ORCA is the only association with the expertise and experience to effectively represent our members and promote sector success.
- We advocate on the issues that matter most to our members.
- We develop meaningful and relevant education and operational resources in consultation with experts and partner organizations.
- We provide quality member services for a constantly evolving sector.
- We inform and educate the public about the benefits and value of retirement home living.
- We steward sector investment and growth through data collection and benchmarking.
ORCA Member Values
In order to obtain and maintain their membership, ORCA operator members must subscribe to our Member Values.
As a member of the Ontario Retirement Communities Association, we uphold and affirm our responsibilities to our residents by subscribing to the following values:
- We believe in quality of life for all residents that encompasses their right to dignity, respect, choice, privacy and autonomy.
- We respect the cultural, social and religious diversity of our residents and employees.
- We are committed to maintaining a high standard of professional conduct and act with integrity, honesty, openness and fairness when interacting with residents, families, employees and other operators and businesses.
- We provide our employees with the tools and training they need to perform their roles.
- We safeguard the well-being of our residents and employees.
- We provide a respectful workplace and seek to hire employees with good moral character, appropriate experience, competence and compassion.
- We comply with all relevant municipal and provincial regulations governing our operations.
- We engage in fair marketing practices and will only participate in activities that are a credit to the sector at large.
Download our operator membership application form.
Contact Maureen Milligan, Manager, Event and Operations Support at:
Phone: 905-403-0500 ext. 231