Founded in 1977 as an association of accredited retirement communities, ORCA is the voice of Ontario’s regulated retirement community operators. Today, ORCA represents 92 per cent of the province’s retirement community suites. ORCA is the only association with the expertise and experience to effectively represent our members and promote sector success.
ORCA provides retirement community operators with the education, tools and resources they need, while advocating on the issues that matter most to them. We offer exceptional value to retirement communities operators of any size.
- Access to the Learning Centre for Senior Living, an e-learning platform that provides education front-line staff needs in order to be in compliance with the RHA and other legislation
- Access to the Operations Manual, an online library of over 400 template policies, procedures and forms that cover all operational and regulatory aspects of running a retirement home
- Advocacy and representation with government, policy makers and other stakeholders
- Part of a collective voice focused on raising the profile of an evolving sector
- Attendance on monthly webinars related to compliance and operational excellence
- Member-only rates for seasonal Road Shows, our sector-exclusive ORCA Conference and the annual Together We Care Convention
- Newsletters and e-bulletins delivering the latest sector news, education opportunities and regulatory updates
- Inclusion in our popular online Find a Home Tool which drives traffic to your website
- Access to the ORCA Member Website, an information-rich online resource
- Access to the Regulatory Assessment Program, a voluntary program designed to help you feel ready for an inspection, enhance your reputation and recognize your operational success
Operator Member Values
In order to obtain and maintain their membership, ORCA operator members must subscribe to our Member Values.
As a member of the Ontario Retirement Communities Association, we uphold and affirm our responsibilities to our residents by subscribing to the following values:
- We believe in quality of life for all residents that encompasses their right to dignity, respect, choice, privacy and autonomy.
- We respect the cultural, social and religious diversity of our residents and employees.
- We are committed to maintaining a high standard of professional conduct and act with integrity, honesty, openness and fairness when interacting with residents, families, employees and other operators and businesses.
- We provide our employees with the tools and training they need to perform their roles.
- We safeguard the well-being of our residents and employees.
- We provide a respectful workplace and seek to hire employees with good moral character, appropriate experience, competence and compassion.
- We comply with all relevant municipal and provincial regulations governing our operations.
- We engage in fair marketing practices and will only participate in activities that are a credit to the sector at large.